Love Sign Language NI provides various programmes to schools including short ‘taster’ sessions in Deaf awareness and the basics of British Sign Language (BSL) and formal accredited courses.
Introduction to British Sign Language (BSL)
A 6 – 12 week introduction to BSL will prepare students with the skills necessary to hold a short conversation with a Deaf person, covering topics such as greetings, family and hobbies. Deaf awareness and Deaf culture will also be incorporated offering participants an insight into the Deaf world. A certificate of attendance will be issued on completion of the course.
British Sign Language (BSL) Level 1
This 6 – 12 month course will enable students to gain a recognised qualification in British Sign Language, accredited by an official awarding body such as Signature or The Institute of British Sign Language (IBSL).
Schools I’ve worked with
- Our Lady and St Patrick’s College
- Victoria College
- St Joseph’s College, Belfast
- St Malachy’s College, Belfast
- St Colman’s High and Sixth Form
- Lisnagarvey High School
- Victoria Primary School, Newtownards
- Regent Preparatory School, Newtownards
- Moneyrea Primary School
- Ballynahinch Primary School
- Orangefield Primary School
- Holywood Primary School
- Girls Model School, Belfast
- Bangor Academy